Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Purchasing Sr Analyst
***Cover Letter and Resume REQUIRED***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
The Sr Purchsing Analyst will organize, negotiate, process, and expedite the cost effective and timely acquisition, receiving and distribution of supplies, equipment and services, while achieving contract compliance and customer satisfaction. Maintain master item catalog. Provides timely reports related to purchasing activities as required by the organization
* Minimum of two years of applicable experience required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
* Ability to interpret financial/statistical data and make sound recommendations based on that information required.
* Ability to anticipate customer requirements and meet those needs in an appropriate and timely manner is required.
* Ability to act independently with minimal supervision is required.
* Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal required.
* Ability to prioritize organization requirements and track progress of multiple initiatives required.
* If this position supports the pharmacy department, a registered pharmacy technician certificate is required.
* Proven experience in healthcare environment preferred.
* Experience in negotiation or a computerized inventory control environment depending on position.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Knowledge of hospital financial systems is preferred.
* Experience with typical office equipment (e.g., fax, phone, copier) preferred.
* Knowledge of manufacturer/vendor product catalogs is preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.