Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Customer Service Sr Associate
Nebraska Medicine Customer Service Sr Associate
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:30
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Responsible for prompt and accurate customer relations in a fast paced environment. Responsible for maintaining excellent communications with customers and managing the resolution of patient concerns. Concerns vary in reason and may be clinical or financial in nature. Serve as a patient advocate and collaborate between departments, external agencies, and the patient while building strong relationships to promote customer loyalty while adhering to organizational mission, vision, and values.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in healthcare billing/collection experience to include emphasis on third party reimbursement, patient liability collections and customer service (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Ability to interact with customers over the telephone and face to face required.
- Highly developed knowledge of hospital and/or professional revenue cycle processes required.
- Knowledge of patient billing process required. Ability to research and problem solve required.
- Analytical, organizational, team, project management, and self-directing skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with diverse customer base required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, databases, and payer applications required.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute with 95% accuracy required.
- Associate's degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD, CPT, and HCPCS coding required.
- Knowledge of collection laws, liens, and bankruptcies preferred.
- Membership in hospital or professional revenue cycle organization preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.