Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Medical Social worker for our Encompass program!
This position is to directly work with patients who are victims of violence (ie: gunshot wound, stabbing, and assault) enrolled in the hospital-based violence intervention program, Encompass Omaha.
Encompass Omaha provides culturally competent intensive case management to provide medical, behavioral, and social support services to reduce recidivism of violent reinjury and increase protective factors once the patient is discharged.
The social work role is to provide counseling, intervention and social work services in order to assist in meeting the social, psychological, rehabilitative, protective, financial, and discharge planning needs of enrolled patients requiring continuing care or adjustment to lifestyle changes following violent injury. Provide assessment and consultative services to assist patients and families with personal and/or environmental barriers which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care, and to enhance comprehensive, integrated and uninterrupted care in the hospital and ensure continuity of care in the community. This position is to initiate social work support services while patient is hospitalized following the injury and continue support through community-based partnership referrals and follow up.
- Full time, 40 hours, benefits eligible
- Day Shift, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Provide counseling and intervention in order to assist in meeting the social, psychological, rehabilitative, protective, financial, and discharge planning needs of patients requiring continuing care or adjustment to lifestyle changes following discharge. Provide assessment and consultative services to ensure assistance for patients and families with personal and/or environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- Master's degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited university required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in social work required.
- Knowledge of professional guidelines regarding confidentiality of client and staff information required.
- Competent in the use of a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse patient groups and their families required.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing required.
- Must demonstrate personal traits of a high-level commitment, motivation and energy, team orientation, and professionalism required.
- Knowledge of health care services and resources required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Certified Social Worker (CSW) by Nebraska law OR Provisional Certified Master of Social Work (PCMSW) required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for non-geriatric departments preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.