Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Staff Chaplain Casual (Nights and Weekends)
***Resume required for consideration***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide supportive care to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, families, and staff as a member of the healthcare team. Provide spiritual and ethical consultation to medical staff to enhance patient care. Coordinate Acute Bereavement Services. Facilitate community clergy access to parishioners/congregants within the limits of patient confidentiality.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Experience in health care ministry preferred.
* Experience in parish ministry preferred.
* Chaplain experience in a medical center environment preferred.
* Graduate level theological degree preferred.
* Training in bereavement and ethics preferred.
* Experience in providing spiritual support in a multi-faith environment preferred.
* Denominational endorsement preferred.
* Certification or eligibility for certification by a national pastoral care organization preferred.
* Clinical Pastoral Education preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.