Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine SANE Coordinator
Shift Details: Flexible Day Shift; Some after hour availability may be required.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Coordinator will partner with Nursing Leadership and SANE medical director to assist with SANE program operations related to performance improvement, education, and outreach. Responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of SANE telehealth programs. Participates in the overall development, implementation and evaluation of the SANE program by organizing the services and systems necessary for a multidisciplinary approach to providing care for impacted patients. Works with all departments involved in the care of SANE patients and their families. Works collaboratively with all departments and external resources/hospitals to serve as a resource and to support the assessment of care.
* Minimum of two years of current clinical experience required
* Minimum of two years of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner experience required
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*
* International Association of Forensic Nursing (IAFN) training completion required
* Demonstrated interest in promoting forensic nursing required
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) required
* Ability to accomplish multiple tasks and prioritize activities required
* Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills required
* Ability to instruct and collaborate with others required
* Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team required
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
* SANE Certification preferred
* 2 years of Emergency Department experience preferred
* Prior supervisory experience preferred
* Prior instructional or teaching experience preferred
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.