Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Infection Preventionist - ICAP Grant
Preference will go towards someone with infection preventionist experience.
Please make sure to attach a resume for review.
Monday -Friday | 1.0FTE
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Kristy Hammer | email@example.com
Implement, coordinate, and evaluate the infection control process for designated in-patient and out-patient care areas in order to reduce the risk of infections in patients, visitors, and personnel.
* Minimum of three years infection control, clinical health, or laboratory related experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or other related scientific health fields (e.g., public health, medical technology, etc.) required.
* Phone and computer literacy with data analysis interpretation required.
* Effective oral and written communication skills including public speaking required.
* Knowledge of individual and group behaviors required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Experience with health care related accreditation and regulatory agencies' standards preferred.
* Clinical research experience (e.g., trial design, data collection and analysis) preferred.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Experience with a pager and projector with laptop preferred.
* Experience with an air sampler, particle counter, and 800 MHg Radio preferred.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license preferred.
* Certification in infection control preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.