Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
Assist the optical shop manager with servicing customers in the store. Order supplies and inventory, merchandise the store, fill prescriptions, provide final inspection of products, deliver products to customers, submit customer billing and insurance filing, follow-up care, and provide continuing education in opticianry to patients.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Full time/ Benefits eligible
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- Two years' experience in the retail optical industry required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of contact lens fitting and optical eyeglass dispensing required.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing ability required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications preferred.
- Knowledge of MaximEyes (optical ordering software) preferred.
- ABO (American Board of Opticinary) certification preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.