Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Medical Receptionist (Float Pool)
Opportunity to assist at various clinics with a variety of patient populations.
Check out our Medical Receptionist Job Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1nghTPnKQ
Shift: Monday - Friday; typically 8am - 5pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Are you customer-centric and have a passion for helping people? Want to work at a mission-driven organization with comprehensive benefits?
Nebraska Medicine is seeking friendly, organized individuals to serve as medical receptionists for its network of primary and specialty care clinics. We are committed to making a lasting impression with our patients, and our front desk staff play a vital role in our patients' experience. The ideal candidate would have a background in customer service (health care is a bonus, but not necessary), be an attentive listener and communicate with patients and health care team members in a positive manner. We're looking for someone who is dependable, welcoming and is a master of first impressions, as you'll be the first face that patients encounter as they arrive for their appointment.
Provides the highest quality of customer service for patients and others by performing all duties in a professional and engaging manner. Serve as the first point of contact by greeting and welcoming patients and others, (in person, at the check-in desk, or via the telephone). Responsible for answering incoming calls and/or checking in / out patients per established protocols. Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and registering patients at multiple Nebraska Medicine facilities.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one year post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service or medical scheduling related capacity (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to physicians, patients and other internal/external customers required.
* Ability to work professionally with physicians, clinic staff and patients in a timely, confidential manner required.
* Demonstrated analytical, prioritization and organizational skills required.
* Demonstrated flexibility and dedication to team environment required.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Valid drivers license required.
* Experience in healthcare environment with working knowledge of medical office operations preferred.
* College coursework in business preferred.
* Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel preferred.
* Depending on the position available, fluency in Spanish preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.