Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Radiology Technology Scheduler
Radiology Tech Scheduler
Monday - Friday; 9 - 5:30
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Complete complex scheduling of multiple appointments for one patient's appointment and/or services on campus, clerical support relating to scheduling and/or coordination of various services and surgical procedures within the organization. Assists patients, staff and physicians, following established scheduling standards and procedures. Scheduling of services may involve coordination of the patient's clinic appointment, procedural and/or diagnostic services to support the health care providers in providing patient care services and unit operational activities, with upholding the expectations of extraordinary care, mission statement and patient satisfaction. Facilitate internal and external referrals, ensuring patient attended appointment and referring provider has received consult notes as appropriate.
* Minimum of one year inpatient hospital radiology technologist experience or two years Nebraska Medicine Scheduling Associate experience with a radiology focus required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of three years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service or medical scheduling related capacity (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Completion of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited program in radiology required.
* Successful completion of One Chart/OpTime training upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong communication and organizational skills with aptitude for detail-oriented work required.
* Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain working relationships within the organization to foster a team environment.
* Knowledge of medical terminology required.
* Demonstrated analytical, prioritizing and organizational skills required.
* Ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner required.
* Ability to function in a manner that promotes efficiency and confidence required.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to physicians, patients and other internal/external customers required.
* Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification department dependent required.
* Experience in a healthcare environment with working knowledge of scheduling or registration systems preferred.
* CT/MRI experience preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
* Experience with electronic health records, Epic preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.