Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Patient Attendant Video: click here
Shift: 3rd Shift (11:00pm - 7:30am) 8 hour shifts M-Sun. This position is self-scheduling offering varied days including Weekends and Holidays.
Full Time and Part Time Available
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
The Patient Attendant job role is an entry level position for inpatient care. This position offers ongoing training and promotional opportunities.
Responsible for observing, communicating/interacting with confused, violent, combative or suicidal patients with the intent to prevent injury. Assist nursing with basic patient care functions. Notify nursing, via the designated method of communication, so that immediate interventions may be implemented when needed. Remain in the room at all times, except when relieved for breaks or meals. Observe multiple patients via video monitoring.
* Minimum of 18 years of age required.
* High school education OR equivalent required.
* Excellent communication and behavioral management skills that promote safety of confused or suicidal patients required.
* Health care student, military medic experience OR comparable work experience in a health care environment preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.