Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Specimen Management Assistant in our Laboratory on the main medical campus in Omaha, NE.
(also known as: Laboratory Technician Specimen Processors, Lab Support Assistant, Lab Specimen Processor, Lab Support)
Are you in college or a recent graduate looking for an opportunity to gain healthcare experience?
Are you an effective communicator with strong customer service skills?
Do you enjoy working in a rewarding fast-paced environment?
If this sounds like you, then consider joining the Nebraska Medicine Laboratory Specimen Management Team! Start your healthcare career off with Nebraska Medicine which offers tuition reimbursement, complete medical insurance, 403b for retirement, paid time off and more.
Responsible for receiving, evaluating, accessioning, processing, storage and distributing of patient specimens for lab testing adhering to department standard operating procedures. Ensure that incoming patient samples meet the pre-analytical testing requirements and that specimen issues are resolved before testing. Possess the ability to organize workload for maximum efficiency, accuracy and to help maintain the quality and timeliness of patient testing. Project a professional image through phone, email and other communications to internal and external customers.
- 4:00AM - 12:30PM + every other weekend
- First Shift
- Full time/40 hours, Benefits eligible, 1.0 FTE
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Possess strong trouble shooting abilities to identify, evaluate and correct problems related to specimen quality, integrity, and appropriateness for requested orders required.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, utilize good judgment, work accurately under pressure and handle stress to meet deadlines required.
- Computer experience required.
- Experience in clinical laboratory medicine preferred.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
- Post-secondary education in a laboratory or health-related field preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.