Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Medical Staff Advisor
***Cover Letter and Resume REQUIRED***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
The Medical Staff Advisor will plan, develop and manage the operation of the organized medical staff for all entities of Nebraska Medicine. Assist the medical staff leadership of each organization by maintaining the support structure necessary for the medical staff to carry out its duties and responsibilities pursuant to the bylaws, regulatory requirements, accreditation standards and hospital policy. Organize and attend medical staff committees, as pursuant to the Medical Staff Bylaws for The Nebraska Medical Center and Bellevue Medical Center. Maintain responsibility for privilege development, including new procedures and existing and new privilege list review and revisions. Maintain responsibility, expertise and guidance for the organized medical staff and its committees when recommending the selection and appointment of quality health care providers to the Board of Directors. Maintain expertise and guidance of the medical staff peer review process for Nebraska Medicine medical staffs at The Nebraska Medical Center and Bellevue Medical Center, to include the coordination of peer reviewers, external reviewers, peer review committee meetings and processing peer review results. Act as a liaison between the organized medical staff and hospital administration, providing each with ongoing communication and support related to the functions of the medical staff. Position will work closely with Medical Staff Leadership for both The Nebraska Medical Center and Bellevue Medical Center, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Quality Officer, Chief Nursing Officer and hospital department vice presidents and directors..
* Minimum of five years experience as a medical staff professional to include extensive knowledge of hospital organizations, medical staff bylaws and operations, state and federal regulatory agency guidelines and accreditation standards, and data collection required.
* Demonstrated experience interacting with physicians in highly sensitive situations required.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration/management, nursing, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (one year of experience is equivalent to one year of education) required.
* Ability to skillfully communicate with individuals, from senior management, physicians, members of the board, administrators, hospital departments, and surveyors required.
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and management skills, independent problem-solving, leadership and analytical abilities required.
* Experience and competency with quality improvement, outcomes monitoring, and/or process development in the healthcare arena required.
* Knowledge of medical staff by-laws, processes and state and federal regulations related to Organized Medical Staff requirements and physician privileging required.
* Ability to influence behaviors at the physician, staff, and administrative levels required.
* Strong ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders required.
* Proficiency with office computer tools (Microsoft Office Programs) required.
* Lead/management experience in a medical staff services environment preferred.
* Certification as a Certified Professional Medical Services Management, through National Association Medical Staff Services preferred.
* Clinical area experience and /or expert knowledge in a healthcare field preferred.
* Knowledge of medical staff computer software programs is preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare metrics preferred.
* Experience in medical staff credentialing and privileging, data collection, analysis and interpretation preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.