Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Mental Health Specialist for casual!
- Unique opportunity to work in the Emergency Services setting
- Partner with Doctors and Nurses to provide the best serious medicine and extraordinary care
Under supervision of licensed clinical staff, help determine patient's psycho-social needs, and collaborate with other members of the patient's health care team to reduce symptomatic behavior and facilitate adjustment to illness, including assisting in meeting the social, psychological, rehabilitative, protective, financial, and discharge planning needs of patients requiring continuing care or adjustment to lifestyle changes following discharge.
- Casual / PRN: Prefer over night availability Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays (occasional weekends)
- Night Shift, 8:00PM - 8:00AM
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- Master's degree from an accredited college in a human services program which provided preparation for professional counseling/psychotherapy required.
- Organizational and communication skills required.
- License-eligible as a LMHP/PLMHP in the State of Nebraska, and must obtain LMHP/PLMHP privileges at Nebraska Medicine within 6 months of transfer or hire required.
- Obtain NMC Privileges as a Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) within six months of transfer or hire required.
- Two years of professional therapy/counseling and mental health care experience preferred.
- Experience in acute psychiatric setting preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) preferred.
- Master of Social Work degree preferred.
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) preferred
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.