Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Staff Nurse - Treatment Center - Part Time
Staff RN- Treatment Center - Part Time
8 or 12 hour part time night triage nurse (48 hours per 2 week pay period), would work primarily in treatment center, but also help inpatient areas in Buffett Cancer Center as a swoop nurse or quality auditor if not needed in treatment center.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Kristy Hammer | email@example.com
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred. 1 or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
- EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.