Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Sterile Processing Associate
Nebraska Medicine is now taking application for a talented individual to join us as a Sterile Processing Associate.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in the list of American top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!
- 3rd shift M-F 10:30 pm - 7:00 am
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide an essential role in patient safety and infection control by insuring surgical instruments and equipment is decontaminated, reprocessed and maintained. Operate several types of surgical instruments, sterilizers and decontamination equipment. Provide support to the Perioperative services staff and serves as a liaison to surgical specialty services for the organization.
* Minimum of 18 years of age required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Written and verbal communication skills required.
* Sterile processing experience or surgical technologist training preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Aptitude for electronics troubleshooting preferred.
* Basic computer skills preferred.
* Knowledge of approximately 3,000 surgical instruments and specialty surgical instrument sets preferred.
* Experience using Steam, Ethelene Oxide, and Hydrogen Peroxide Gas Plasma sterilization chambers; PC, laser printer, bar code scanner, bar code printer; Sonic Irrigator; Washer/Decontamination Vessels; Heat Sealer; Biological Autoreader; and Nitrogen Tank preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.