Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Patient Access Sr. Associate - Bellevue - PT Evenings
Shift Details: Part-Time; Mon - Fri 2:00pm-6:00pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Ensure patients and customers are greeted in a professional, timely and efficient manner and accounts are created accurately and efficiently in order to optimize cash flow for organization while exceeding customer expectations and complying with all state and federal regulations and laws throughout the processes of scheduling confirmation, pre-registration/pre admission, registration/admission, insurance verification, receipting of payments, and patient way finding/escorting. Coverage for position is required 24 hours a day 7 days a week with needs in various areas of the organization, including the emergency department. Face to face and bedside patient contact required.
* Minimum of three years customer service experience required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner required.
* Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong communication and organizational skills with aptitude for detail-oriented work required.
* Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain working relationships within the organization to foster a team environment required.
* Ability to type 35 wpm with 95% accuracy rating required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) within six months of hire or transfer date required.
* Experience in health care, collections, registration, or revenue cycle preferred.
* Associate's degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred.
* Experience in health care revenue cycle functions including insurance or registration preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel preferred.
* Depending on the position available, fluency in Spanish preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.