Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Integrated Service Operations Supervisor
Nebraska Medicine is now taking application for a talented individual to join us as an Integrated Service Operations Supervisor.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in the list of American top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!
- 2nd shift M-F 230pm-1100pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Serve on the leadership team as a shift supervisor for the designated operation by overseeing all aspects of day-to-day operations. Partner closely with colleagues to serve as a clinical expert, regularly model/mentor and train colleagues on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for the work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and complete performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions.
* Minimum of two years of experience to include the majority of the following: serve as a clinical expert for a group of employees, regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions required.
* Associates degree or equivalent combination of education/experience combined, (One year of experience equals one year of education.)
* Knowledge of cleaning, decontaminating and sterilization equipment required.
* Knowledge of telecommunication equipment and Information systems required.
* Knowledge of general patient care supplies required.
* A thorough knowledge of sterilization principles, theories and practices and a working knoledge of AAMI standards and operational application to meet Standards.
* Experience with typical office equipment (e.g., phone, copier).
* Knowledge of numerous computer and inventory systems required.
* Must demonstrate a knowledge of surgical instrumentation, surgical case cart systems, computerized inventory systems and possess a though knowledge of sterilization principles, theories and practices.
* Communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to problem solve and exhibit strong judgment skills in a well-thought out and timely fashion and determine appropriate course of action in significantly complex situations.
* Certified by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) OR the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management (IAHCSMM) required within 18 months of employment.
* Leadership experience in sterile processing preferred.
* At least three years sterile processing experience or certified surgical technologist experience or a combination of both desired.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of experience equals one year of education) required.
* Graduate from certified surgical technologist program.
* Ability to exhibit strong leadership, strong planning, and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently, exercise creativity/innovation and be attentive to detail required.
* Experience with Microsoft office, EPIC, SPM and KRONOS
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.