Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Revenue Integrity Sr. Analyst
Monday - Friday 6am -9am start time (8hr/day)
Training for the 1st 4-6 weeks; 7am -3:30pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Conducts audit/review activities to ensure appropriate revenue management, charge capture, claims production, coding integrity, and provider code assignment. This position supports education to applicable leadership, implementation support and serves as a facility liaison to Nebraska Medicine's staff as it relates to billing system issues. As part of the Health Information Management Department, reporting directly to the Revenue Integrity Manager, this position has collaborative relationships with Patient Financial Services, Clinical Departments, and Compliance. Conducts special projects and studies to facilitate revenue management as required.
* Minimum three years of experience in revenue integrity in a hospital or healthcare setting or coding required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management (HIM), business or other healthcare related field or equivalent combination of education/experience (two years experience in health information management equals one year of education) required.
* Current knowledge of revenue cycle processes and hospital/ medical billing required.
* Understanding of components of electronic medical record required.
* Current knowledge of code data sets to include CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS.
* Current knowledge of NCCI edits, and Medicare LCD/NCDs required.
* Interpersonal and communication skills, analytic and organizational skills, critical -thinking and the ability to meet deadlines required.
* Computer skills; MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook; Windows operating system and Internet required.
* Applicable professional certification through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Certified Coding Associate (CCA) or America Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC); Certified Professional Coder Hospital (CPC H), Certified Outpatient Coder - Hospital (COC-H) required.
* Experience with EPIC HB/PB preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.