Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Charge RN Sr. Associate
Nebraska Medicine Charge RN Sr. Associate
Monday-Friday; 1st Shift - Flexible Start Times
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Maximize organizational, financial, and clinical compliance by providing essential medical expertise through audits of documentation. Review and validate clinical data and documentation to support revenue integrity ensure accurate charges and compliance with federal, state, private regulations ICD-CM/PCS, CPT, HCPCS coding guidelines, and all organizational policies. Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, third-party payer requirements and coding guidelines. Maintain comprehensive database(s) for reporting purposes and identification of needed education. Perform independently and collaboratively with team members to meet customer needs. Demonstrate problem solving abilities and promote continuous quality improvement to ensure highest quality customer service by recommending appropriate changes to processes.
* Minimum of three years clinical experience in related areas with demonstrated competence required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Excellent organization and communication skills required.
* Strong problem resolution skills required.
* Experience with computer applications such as Word and Excel required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Knowledge of Medicare billing regulations preferred.
* Knowledge of Medicare Severity Diagnose Related Groups (MS-DRGs), Current Procedural
Terminology (CPT), and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.