Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Medical Social Worker for our Pediatric setting!
Come work with out Inpatient Pediatric Services to support patients and their families through medical challenges.
Provide counseling and intervention in order to assist in meeting the social, psychological, protective, financial, and needs of patients and their families. Provide assessment and consultative services to ensure assistance for patients and families with personal and/or environmental difficulties while working closely with community partners and resources. The interventions and supports may be brief or ongoing as children and families are coping with life altering medical issues. This is an inpatient position in a fast pace environment.
Shift: First, 8:00AM - 4:30PM.
Full time, 40 hours
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- Master's degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited university required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in social work required.
- Knowledge of professional guidelines regarding confidentiality of client and staff information required.
- Competent in the use of a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse patient groups and their families required.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing required.
- Must demonstrate personal traits of a high-level commitment, motivation and energy, team orientation, and professionalism required.
- Knowledge of health care services and resources required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Certified Social Worker (CSW) by Nebraska law OR Provisional Certified Master of Social Work (PCMSW) required.
- Department specific - Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for non-geriatric departments preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.