Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
RN - COVID Vaccine & Swab - Part Time
- Self Scheduling
- Being involved in pandemic relief from the ground up
- Exciting and faced-paced
.5 FTE (40 hours biweekly)
Swab Center is Open: Monday - Friday 7:45AM - 4:15PM and Saturday - Sunday 9:45AM - 2:15PM
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Kristy Hammer | email@example.com
Provide and coordinate delivery of clinical resources to assure safe, high quality patient care and ensure continuity of care. Perform duties in an environment of care where the needs of a patient are short term, non-acute, and non-life threatening.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
* Based on position, prior experience in patient nursing, specialty/primary care clinic and/or telephonics preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Experience with EPIC or other electronic medical records preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.