Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Shift: Days (Exempt)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Serve on the leadership team as a supervisor for the Social Work Department by overseeing all aspects of day-to-day patient care operations. Partner closely with colleagues to serve as an operational and clinical expert, regularly model/mentor and train colleagues on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for the work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and complete performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions.
This will be Inpatient Discharge Planning Supervisor position
- Minimum of two years recent Social Work experience within a health care setting.
- Minimum of two years of experience to include the majority of the following: serve as a clinical expert for a group of employees, regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions required.
- Master's degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited university required.
- Ability to exhibit strong leadership, planning and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity/innovation and be attentive to detail required.
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit strong judgment skills in a well-thought out and timely fashion and determine appropriate course of action in significantly complex situations required.
- Proficient with typical office equipment/software (use of EHR, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and miscellaneous office equipment) required.
- Certified Masters Social Worker (CMSW) or Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required.
- Management OR leadership experience preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.