Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Applications Manager - EPIC Cadence, Rev Cycle PB/HB & HIM
***Please Provide Resume and Cover Letter for Consideration***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Plan, manage, direct, and coordinate all activities to ensure a stable information environment, efficient workflows, responsiveness to clinical, research, and educational operational needs and optimization of applications to achieve enterprise goals for patient safety and quality health outcomes across the continuum. Cost effectively, manage projects and analyst workloads to ensure timely implementation, effective resource utilization, and alignment with enterprise strategic and operational priorities. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and processes to support and facilitate transparency, engagement, collaboration and innovation in system design. Monitor maintenance related to specific applications, and report critical issues and needs to leadership. Facilitate building, planning, problem solving, and prioritization discussions with application teams, information technology specialists, clinicians, and leadership.
* Minimum of five years experience in healthcare, healthcare operations, or information technology required.
* Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in clinical, healthcare, business, computer science, management information systems or related field required.
* Effectiveness in customer service, teamwork, and verbal/written communications required.
* Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills required.
* Working knowledge of project management techniques, systems design, and analysis required.
* Ability to effectively lead and manage people required.
* Ability to effectively lead and manage complex information systems projects is required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
* Strong organizational skills including ability to multi-task and prioritize, attention to detail and time management required.
* Currently licensed as an allied health professional (e.g. nurse, pharmacist, respiratory therapist, etc.) in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license only as required in accordance with appropriate degree required.
* Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) or a program recognized by PMI preferred.
* Professional certification in nursing informatics or healthcare information technology from accredited organization preferred.
* Project management experience preferred.
* Experience with managing external contracts and consultants preferred.
* Experience in health information technology or healthcare informatics preferred.
* EPIC applications experience preferred.
* Master's degree in computer science, management information systems, business, informatics, nursing, pharmacy, or other health related/clinical field preferred.
* Certificate in informatics or health information technology preferred.
* Epic applications certification preferred.
* Ability to promote cooperation, communication, and teamwork preferred.
* Ability to coordinate multiple activities concurrently to ensure critical project paths are met preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project preferred.
* Strong understanding of organization's policies and procedures, and business and clinical practice and operations preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.