Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Advanced Practice Manager - Buffet Cancer Center
Monday -Friday | 1.0FTE
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Kristy Hammer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct, plan and coordinate the operations of a patient care service. Achieve service, clinical program, and organizational goals and ensure optimal outcomes for designed patient populations within approved operating budget. Responsible for the hiring, firing, counseling and evaluation of department staff. Initiates and maintains effective communication to promote positive department relations for the organization. Provide comprehensive care to individuals, and families or disease specific care to medical surgical, trauma or critical care patients. Diagnose medical condition, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses under the direction of and in partnership with a collaborating physician. Perform and assist with diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
* Minimum of three years clinical and/or financial management experience in a health care setting required.
* Appropriate degree in accordance with appropriate licensure requirements:
* Nurse Practitioner: Master's degree in nursing from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
* Physician Assistant: Graduate of an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant Program required.
* Other health-care practitioner: Master's degree in other health-related field required.
* Flexibility and dedication to team environment required.
* Ability to lead and develop teams required.
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills required.
* Ability to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction and priorities required.
* Well-ordered approach to problem solving required.
* Positive interpersonal/behavioral skills required.
* Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
* Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
* Experience with patient care equipment, telecommunication equipment, general patient care supplies, transport equipment, and office equipment/supplies required.
* Appropriate licensure in accordance with appropriate degree:
* Nurse Practitioner: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska or current compact state required. Currently licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN) required. Federal DEA licensure required. Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
* Physician Assistant: Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) [Or if new graduate, eligible for certification and certification completed prior to beginning to provide care] required. Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Nebraska (or eligible for license prior to beginning to provide care) required.
Eligible for Federal DEA registration required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Other health-care practitioner: Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
* Leadership experience preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.