Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Connected Health-Applications Manager
***Must Provide COVER LETTER and RESUME for consideration***
***Applicants with EPIC experience with focus on My Chart and Telehealth will be given preferred consideration***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all activities of the Telehealth, One Chart Patient, and One Chart Link teams furthering the mission of Nebraska Medicine. Cost effectively manage projects and team member workloads to ensure timely implementation, effective team member and system/resource utilization, and alignment with enterprise strategic and operational priorities. Achieve department and organizational goals and ensure optimal outcomes for designated patient populations within approved operating budget. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and processes to support and facilitate transparency, engagement, collaboration and innovation to support patient outreach to home through system design and relationship management. Monitor maintenance related to assigned applications and report critical issues and needs to leadership. Facilitate building, planning, problem solving, and prioritization discussions with cross-functional application teams, information technology specialists, clinicians, and leadership. Responsible for hiring, firing, counseling, and evaluation of department staff. Initiate and maintain effective communication to promote positive strategic partner relations both internally and externally to the organization.
The manager will work directly with the Connected Health Applications Director to advance the use of patient-centered technology and to extend and sustain care platforms with regional healthcare partners. This manager will be an essential manager of the Patient Experience and Applications Governance team. Please enclose resume AND cover letter demonstrating successful enthusiasm and acumen to excel in this strategic role at Nebraska Medicine.
* Minimum of five years experience in healthcare, healthcare operations, or information technology required.
* Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in clinical, healthcare, business, computer science, management information systems or related field required.
* Effectiveness in customer service, teamwork, and verbal/written communications required.
* Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills required.
* Working knowledge of project management techniques, systems design, and analysis required.
* Ability to effectively lead and manage people required.
* Ability to effectively lead and manage complex information systems projects is required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
* Strong organizational skills including ability to multi-task and prioritize, attention to detail and time management required.
* Currently licensed as an allied health professional (e.g. nurse, pharmacist, respiratory therapist, etc.) in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license only as required in accordance with appropriate degree required.
* Project management experience preferred.
* Experience with managing external contracts and consultants preferred.
* Experience in health information technology or healthcare informatics preferred.
* EPIC applications experience preferred.
* Master's degree in computer science, management information systems, business, informatics, nursing, pharmacy, or other health related/clinical field preferred.
* Certificate in informatics or health information technology preferred.
* Professional certification in nursing informatics or healthcare information technology from accredited organization preferred.
* Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) or a program recognized by PMI preferred.
* Epic applications certification preferred.
* Ability to promote cooperation, communication, and teamwork preferred.
* Ability to coordinate multiple activities concurrently to ensure critical project paths are met preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project preferred.
* Strong understanding of organization's policies and procedures, and business and clinical practice and operations preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.