Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
(Also known as Surg Tech, CST, Surgery Tech or OR Tech)
Job in a Minute Surgical Technologist OR: https://youtu.be/ZppS4ELe4D0
Must be enrolled in a Surgical Technology program and scheduled to graduate spring or summer of 2021
Nebraska Medicine is accepting applications for our Surgical Technology Student Sponsorship. The sponsorship will provide a (over $6,600) monetary scholarship while attending the last year of an academic Surgical Technology degree program. Selected individuals for the program will transition into a Surgical Technologist at Nebraska Medicine upon graduation.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Support the intraoperative nursing care of patients by performing scrub and related duties according to standards and policies. Promote efficient operation of the surgery center and provide assistance to physicians and support staff.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program OR equivalent training/scrub experience with an accredited institution required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (BLS with skills assessment or approved BLS) upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Prior experience as a surgical technologist or assistant preferred.
* Knowledge of various surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies/materials, all patient care equipment and supplies, policy, procedure, and protocol manuals, audio-visual, video, and microscopic equipment, computers, telecommunication equipment, and wall/ceiling and tanked medical gases preferred.
* For some clinical areas, the ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish may be preferred.
* Surgical technologist certification preferred.
Recruiter Contact Info:
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.