Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Job in a Minute : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrAHki3aD2A
Nebraska Medicine is accepting applications for our Invasive Cardio Technologist Student Sponsorship! The sponsorship will provide up to a $9,000 monetary scholarship while attending the academic Invasive Cardio Technologist degree program. Selected individuals for the program will transition into a Invasive Cardio Technologist at Nebraska Medicine upon graduation and remain in the role for 3 years.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Utilize departmental resources (e.g., personnel, supplies, and capital equipment) to ensure timely and accurate diagnostic and interventional procedures in the cardiac cath lab at the lowest possible risk and cost to the patient. Assure that provided services meet cultural and age related needs of the patient population served.
- Degree from an accredited school of allied health/cardiovascular technology required.
- Knowledge of proper body mechanics required.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Current Nebraska State Medical Radiographer license required.
- Radiologic Technologist (RT) registration and ARRT licensure or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) within 6 months of hire or transfer date required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification upon completion of unit orientation required.
- Clinical experience in interventional radiology, internship completion in radiology, or cardiac cath lab experience preferred.
- Experience as scrub assistant and operator of imaging equipment in cath/EP lab preferred.
- Experience in patient monitoring and procedure documentation in cath/EP lab or experience with working in a high volume angiography department preferred.
- Radiology internship with interventional radiology lab or cardiac cath lab preferred.
- Certification by the ARRT in cardiovascular interventional technology preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.