Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Patient Care Technician
Job Preview: Click Here
Critical Care and Intensive Care Units (ICU):
- Step Down Critical Care
- Buffet Oncology Progressive Care
- Cardiac Care Unit-Post Cardiac Surgery
- Neuroscience ICU
- Surgical ICU
- Cardiovascular ICU
- Buffet Oncology ICU
- Pediatric ICU
Days (12 hour shifts)
Hospital shifts include weekend and holidays
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Perform delegated patient activities as assigned by licensed nursing personnel for the achievement of patient`s plan of care.
* Minimum of 18 years of age required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Completion of a certified nursing assistant program, currently enrolled as a student pursuing a nursing degree, or experience in direct patient care required.
* Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Knowledge of computer data entry and word processing preferred.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.