Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Nebraska Medicine is now taking application for a talented individual to join us as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Come join a caring team of 90+ Therapists! We have a choice of Day, Evening, and Night shifts available.
- With an amazing culture, you will be working alongside tenured and entry level Therapists. There are many resources to learn, a very supportive team/staff, and lots of opportunity for growth.
- RT Student's welcome to apply
Responsible for patient care assessment, critical thinking and advanced knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Develop and implements effective patient care, treatment, and cardiopulmonary disease management plans. Provides routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures in areas such as emergent, acute, surgical, chronic or long term care settings for a variety of patient populations..
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Graduation from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved respiratory care program with an associate's degree required or equivalent education completed meeting certification and licensure requirements.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (LRCP) from the State of Nebraska required. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the NBRC within 6 months of hire is required.
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Based on position, the American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and/or the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 6 months of hire is required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
- Based on position, prior experience in respiratory acute or intensive care preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Based on position, one or more of the following: laboratory analyzing devices, complex monitoring devices, specialized gas therapy, arterial line insertion, assist or performing intubations, assist or performing diagnostic procedures, ground and/or flight transport training preferred.
- Based on position, the ability to demonstrate competence with all ages preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email preferred.
- Proficient use of departmental and patient care equipment and supplies preferred.
- Proficient in telecommunication and electronic health record systems preferred.
- Based on position, the ability to maintain 24 hour accountability (on-call) preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.