Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Ask Recruiter about "No Strings Attached" Student Loan Assistance
Job in a Minute Float Pool RN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAHkdl7BXo
Nights (7 pm - 7 am)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
The Emergency Department (ED) at the organization offers a six to twelve month fellowship program for new graduate Registered Nurses to assist in developing competency in ED nursing that will allow for an adequate transition into an ED Staff Nurse role.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.