Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Paralegal - Information Technology, Data Security, Intellectual Property and Contracts
***Must Include Resume and Cover Letter for Consideration***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
This Paralegal will provide support to the legal department of Nebraska Medicine, an academic health system that includes two hospitals, a physician practice group, and multiple affiliated legal entities. This Paralegal will primarily support attorneys within the department whose practice focus areas include information technology, data security, intellectual property, and contracts. Support will include reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts, performing legal research and analysis on a variety of related matters, translating legal concepts into guidance that is easy to understand and applicable to internal business units, and assisting in matters that involve our trademark portfolio. This Paralegal will support other members of the legal department with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree OR Associates degree in Paralegal Studies OR Associates degree and Paralegal Certificate OR equivalent combination of experience and education (one year of experience equals one year of education) required.
- Minimum five years of paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department, to include performing legal research and reviewing and drafting contracts required.
- High ethical standards and integrity required.
- Driven self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision while still demonstrating good judgment required.
- Meticulous attention to detail required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong customer service mindset required.
- Strong legal research and writing skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a diverse and constantly changing workload in a fast-paced environment required.
- Information technology and/or privacy law experience.
- Contract review and drafting experience.
- Familiarity with key health care laws (for example, Anti-Kickback, Stark, HIPAA, HITECH, and Cures).
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.