Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
The electroencephalographic (EEG) technologist has the knowledge base to interact with the patient and obtain a quality, interpretable EEG recording that will yield information about the brain's neuronal activity. The technologist possesses the appropriate knowledge level of diseases to correlate patient history and clinical symptoms to determine appropriate maneuvers to be performed during the EEG. Studies include routine EEGs, Long-Term Video EEG Monitoring, Intensive Care Unit monitoring and Intraoperative EEG recording for varying levels of patient acuity and age associated with a Level Four Epilepsy Center.
* One year EEG experience required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Strong PC skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Registry by American Board of Registry for Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET) required.
* Graduate from an Electroneurodiagnostic program, preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.