Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Cardiac Device Nurse
RN - Cardiac Device
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Interrogate, program, and report on cardiac devices including pacemakers, remote device, and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) interrogations. Perform all device interrogations and evaluations in clinic as well as inpatient and out of department (Surgery/MRI/CT/Echo/Radiation oncology) device check. Complete outpatient incision checks, assess and triage patients with devices in person and remotely, postoperative education regarding device implants, collaborate with providers for care of device patients, and mentor to providers in training (fellows, APPs, etc.). Collaborate with Clinic Manager, Supervisors, Providers and Cardiovascular implantable Electronic Device (CIED) staff to ensure the highest level of patient care. Play an active role in educating patients and other health care professionals. Maintain cardiac device database and company/industry software. Work with EMR co
Full Time, Exempt
(scheduled hours will vary based on weekly schedule for rounding and clinic)
- Minimum of three years nursing experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, conduction system, and ability to interpret cardiac arrhythmias required.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care required.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and make independent clinical judgments required.
- Experience with basic patient care equipment, policy procedure and protocol manuals required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team required.
- Effective critical thinking/analytical skills required.
- Ability to effectively evaluate care across the continuum required.
- Knowledge of ECG interpretation to be able to identify emergent situations required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior nursing experience in related field preferred.
- Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiovascular care, general medical/surgical care, emergency care, critical care.
- Interpretation, and analysis of cardiac rhythms preferred.
- Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
- Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) national exam preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel preferred.
- Experience with patient teaching materials preferred.
- Understanding of related patient registries and data bases preferred.
- Certification preferred in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.