Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Facilities Sr Technician
Nebraska Medicine is now taking application for a talented individual to join us as a Facilities Sr Technician.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in the list of American top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!
- Day shift 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're her and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Responsible and accountable for controlling, operating, maintaining and upgrading building utility systems and plant operations equipment of the highest complexity for the organization's facilities and satellite clinics in order to maintain a reliable, safe and cost effective facility.
* Minimum of three years mechanical experience around machinery and/or engines required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with tools arid test instruments required.
* Knowledge of plant operations and systems (e.g., heating, cooling, ventilation, electrical, medical gas, sanitation, potable water, building utility, plant operations equipment, etc.) required.
* Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to solve problems and make decisions while working in stressful situations required.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions, including the ability to comprehend equipment instruction/service manuals and drawings required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of customers (e.g., patient care providers, patients, visitors, management, etc.) required.
* Ability to perform routine preventative maintenance functions required.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Current valid motor vehicle operator license and ability to meet and maintain insurability required.
* Electro/mechanical experience with working knowledge of steam and chilled water systems in a healthcare setting preferred.
* Third grade operator's license from City of Omaha is preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.