Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Physician Assistant for Cardiac Surgery
This position welcomes all experienced Physician Assistant's (PA's) to apply to this OR position for cardiac surgery if they have worked in cardiac OR or have EVH experience.
Monday - Friday | 7:00AM - 3:30PM (on call rotation - nights, weekends and holidays)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Kristy Hammer | email@example.com
Provide comprehensive complex/critical care for high risk medical and/or surgical patients. Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses in collaboration with the designated supervising physician. Perform and assist with both routine and complex diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
* Graduate of an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant program required.
* Maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours to meet State of Nebraska and NCCPA certification requirements required.
* Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
* Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms required.
* Ability to provide critical thinking and analytical skills required.
* Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, telecommunication devices, office equipment, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
* Ability to comprehend and follow policy, procedure, guidelines and protocols required.
* Flexibility and dedication to team involvement and supporting organizational goals required.
* Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) [Or if new graduate, eligible for certification and certification completed prior to beginning to provide care] required.
* Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Nebraska (or eligible for license prior to beginning to provide care) required.
* Eligible for Federal DEA registration required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Prior experience working in a related health care field as a Physician Assistant preferred.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Knowledge of health care policy and societal factors affecting the delivery of care preferred.
* Familiarity with patient care equipment and procedures as appropriate to specialty area preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.