Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Medical Assistant Sponsorship Program
Check this Medical Assistant Job Preview
Nebraska Medicine is currently accepting applications for admission into our Medical Assistant Sponsorship Program. This class will consist of up to 10 students who will gain relevant work experience on a variety of units and specialties while attending the Medical Assistant Program at Metropolitan Community College.
Additionally, students will have the opportunity to receive the following:
- Leadership Development
- Career Coaching
- Relevant Work Experience
- Career Readiness Training
- Sponsorship Funds (Up to $6,500)
While in the program, participants will perform delegated patient activities as assigned by licensed nursing personnel for the achievement of patient's plan of care in various healthcare departments and units within Nebraska Medicine.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Currently enrolled as a student, or currently applying for entry into the Medical Assistant program at Metropolitan Community College. Acceptance into the program will be required.
- Completion of a certified nursing assistant program, currently enrolled as a student pursuing a nursing degree, or experience in direct patient care required.
- Must adhere to educational and behavioral requirements as outlined in sponsorship agreement.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon completion of unit orientation required.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer data entry and word processing preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.