Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Apheresis Support Associate
Nebraska Medicine Apheresis Support Associate
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Serve as primary support person for daily operations of the Apheresis unit. Manage inventory of all critical reagents, materials, and linens using departmental and organizational processes. Serve as the first point of contact for patients and care givers, greeting them and welcoming them in person or via the telephone. Professionally manage phone traffic, patient check-in/check-out protocols, and patient registration and appointment scheduling. Perform delegated patient activities as assigned by licensed nursing personnel for the achievement of patient`s plan of care.
* Minimum 1 year work experience related to customer service, medical scheduling, patient care and or supply/inventory work.
* Minimum of one year post-secondary education; medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service, medical scheduling or inventory control related capacity (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
* Attention to detail required.
* Strong Communication skills required.
* Experience in healthcare environment with working knowledge of medical office operations preferred. * Experience with inventory control preferred.
* College coursework in healthcare preferred.
* Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, or Apheresis experience preferred.
* Venipuncture - Apheresis knowledge preferred.
* Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.