Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Help Desk Analyst - Academic Medical Center
**Must temporarily be able to work remotely within Omaha area**
***Please Include both Resume and Cover Letter for Consideration***
***PREFERRED consideration will be given applicants with Academic Medical Center experience***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
This Help Desk Analyst will troubleshoot straight-forward to fairly complex software and hardware problems via telephone or email for our UNMC Students, Faculty and Staff. Respond to incoming issues, analyze and troubleshoot problems/requests, resolve the problem or triage incident to subject matter expert within the organization.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Adobe and Antivirus software required.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others required.
* Phone skills and professional demeanor required.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously required.
* Strong problem solving skills required.
* Knowledge of Virtual Private (VPN) software, Apple-Macintosh OS & devices, printers, scanners, laptops, notebooks, PDAs, and other peripherals; networking configuration; IBM PC Intel and compatible architectures preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.