Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Serve on the leadership team as a shift supervisor for the designated operation by overseeing all aspects of day-to-day patient care operations. Partner closely with colleagues to serve as a clinical expert, regularly model/mentor and train colleagues on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for the work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and complete performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions..
* Minimum of two years recent nursing experience relevant to specific unit required.
* Minimum of two years of experience to include the majority of the following: serve as a clinical expert for a group of employees, regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
* Ability to exhibit strong leadership, strong planning and organizational skills required.
* Ability to work independently, exercise creativity/innovation and be attentive to detail required.
* Strong interpersonal skills required.
* Ability to problem solve and exhibit strong judgment skills in a well-thought out and timely fashion and determine appropriate course of action in significantly complex situations required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska OR current compact state license, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) department dependent required.
* Demonstrated experience and competency with quality improvement, outcomes monitoring, and/or process development in the healthcare arena preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and interpretation preferred.
* Some management OR leadership experience preferred.
* Master's degree in nursing or related field preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.