Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Customer Service Associate
- Various schedules including day shifts (0600-1430; 1100-1930)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide the highest quality of customer service for patients and their families, physicians, employees, and general public who contact the Clinical Enterprise. Utilize department specific computer tools and database to accurately record and communicate to our internal and external customers.
* Minimum of two years customer service experience to include working with multi-line telephone systems required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Ability to type 35 words per minute required with 95% accuracy required.
* Ability to demonstrate customer relations skills and the ability to work under pressure while making sound decisions required.
* Demonstrate written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem-solve is required.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
* Must possess the ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment required.
* Customer service experience in the healthcare environment preferred.
* Associate's degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word preferred.
* Bilingual, Spanish as a first/second language preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.