Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Take part in an exciting opportunity to lead an experienced team of Cardiac Rehab nurses, Pulmonary Rehab specialist and Exercise Physiologist working in our Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Rehab program!
You will lead your team of professionals as they care for inpatients and outpatients teaching and motivating them through their acute illness and outpatient exercise therapy towards lifelong heart health. Compliance with hospital policies, regulatory guidelines and AACVPR program recertification requirements are required as well as development and maintenance of departmental policy and procedure. Tracking and improving upon AACVPR performance indicators and maintaining staff competency via education specific to Cardiopulmonary Rehab will be key to maintaining a high quality program and staff.
Utilizing Nebraska Medicine ITEACH values will key in hiring, firing, counseling and evaluating your staff as you conduct performance management. Effective communication while promoting positive department relations within the department and with other partners will be vitally important to maintain the level of respect always given this program.
* Minimum of four years current cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation clinical experience with EKG interpretation experience required.
* Minimum of two years managerial experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or exercise science required.
* Ability to maintain open lines of communication, share knowledge with others, accept and provide constructive feedback in a supportive and non-judgmental manner required.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple concurrent tasks required. Ability to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction and priorities required.
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Well-ordered approach to problem solving required.
* Working knowledge of American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) requirements required.
* If bachelor's degree in nursing then currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* If bachelor's degree in exercise science then an Exercise Specialist Certification per American College of Sports medicine (ACSM) required or Master's degree in Exercise Physiology required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required.
* Previous experience with insurance verification preferred.
* Three years experience with delivery of secondary prevention services preferred.
* Experience caring for cardiac transplant patients on Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) and patients with chronic heart failure preferred.
* Master's degree in nursing or exercise physiology preferred.
* Previous experience with EPIC, Microsoft Office and hospital information systems preferred.
* Strong organizational, analytical, and research skills preferred.
* Flexibility and dedication to team environment preferred.
* If bachelor's degree in nursing then an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Certification for Cardiac Vascular Nurse preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.