Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Patient Access Sr. Associate
Shift: (Various Hours; Days, Evenings, Nights)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Ensure patients and customers are greeted in a professional, timely and efficient manner and accounts are created accurately and efficiently in order to optimize cash flow for organization while exceeding customer expectations and complying with all state and federal regulations and laws throughout the processes of scheduling confirmation, pre-registration/pre admission, registration/admission, insurance verification, receipting of payments, and patient way finding/escorting. Coverage for position is required 24 hours a day 7 days a week with needs in various areas of the organization, including the emergency department. Face to face and bedside patient contact required.
Ensure patients, customers and staff are greeted in a professional, timely and efficient manner, screening those entering the organization efficiently to promote the safety of all patients, employees and providers while exceeding customer expectations and complying with all state and federal regulations and laws throughout processes of appointment confirmation, visitor validation, patient way finding/escorting, mask distribution and symptom screening. To complete items related to patient registration and other assigned Revenue Cycle tasks in accordance to policy and procedure. Coverage for position is required days and evening hours, 7 days a week including holidays with needs in various areas throughout the organization. Face to face patient contact required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) within six months of hire or transfer date required.
* Ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner required.
* Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
* Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain working relationships within the organization to foster a team environment required.
* Ability to deal with difficult or challenging customer interactions and escalate to leadership as appropriate required.
* Prior experience working with customers or patients preferred.
* Experience with general office materials/equipment preferred.
* Depending on the position available, fluency in Spanish preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.