Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as an Inpatient Pharmacy Technician for 2nd shift. This role will be great for someone that has a passion for Pharmacy and great customer service for our patients we serve. This specific position will work from the Nebraska Medicine main campus.
Those with a current Nebraska pharmacy technician registration/certification and experience are preferred for this opening but not required.
(also known as: Pharmacy Tech, CPhT, Inpatient Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Technician)
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
- Full time 2nd shift position and benefits eligible ( 1.0 FTE )
- 8 hour shifts
- Shifts TBD : One may start as early as 11:00 AM OR start between 2:00 PM /3:00 PM + will work every third weekend and 2 holiday's scheduled a year
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Responsible for medication management for the pharmacy, nursing units and operating rooms including but not limited to ordering, receiving, sorting, distributing medications. Troubleshoot equipment issues and provide excellent customer service and patient care in accordance with assigned duties. Create and utilize medication usage reports to analyze data for effective inventory control. Manage incoming telephone calls from inpatient units, and triage calls appropriately utilizing excellent customer service skills. Receive orders, select proper drug, and prepare dosage form and strength. Practice sterile compounding for immediate usage as well as non-sterile compounding of oral liquids and topicals. Perform electronic medication history inquiries and patient/family interviews for medication reconciliation. Calculate patient's IV infusion due times, reorder as needed and collaborate with providers, physicians, and pharmacists recommending medication concentrations.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Licensed Nebraska pharmacy intern or registered as a pharmacy technician with the State of Nebraska Board of Pharmacy required.
- If registered as a Pharmacy Technician, certification within twelve months of registration date required.
- Prior pharmacy technician or hospital setting experience preferred.
- Medical terminology and knowledge of top 200 medications prescribed preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of computers, automated dispensing cabinets (Omnicell), calculators, electronic medical record (EPIC), various computerized and mechanical devices necessary for product preparation and dispensing (e.g., scales, strip packager, magnetic stirrer, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with non-sterile compounding preferred.
- Experience with phones, pagers, fax machines, hand held scanners, etc. preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.