Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as an Perfusionist.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
- Full time and Benefit Eligible position - 1.0 FTE (80 hours in a pay period)
- Monday-Friday shifts primary with occasional overnights and weekends
- Rotational on-call responsibilities
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide life support to critically ill patients, surgical and non-surgical.
- Bachelor's degree and graduation from an accredited perfusion education program required.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction and priorities required.
- Demonstrate a well-ordered approach to problem solving required.
- Experience with extracorporeal equipment, e.g., heart-lung machine (includes pressure monitoring, coagulation, and ventilation devices), CDI 500 in-line blood gas monitor, centrifugal pump, cooler/heater, autotransfusion machine, ventricular assist devices (thoratec, heartmate, a biomed, intra-aortic balloon pump) required.
- Knowledge of all patient care equipment, policy, procedure, and protocol manuals, computer/information systems, copier/telecommunication systems required.
- Meet needs of the department on a 24-hour on-call notice required.
- Current certification/eligibility by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) and License eligible for the state of Nebraska required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Prior working experience in related field preferred.
- Interest in research and student perfusion education preferred.
- Nebraska Cardiovascular Perfusionist license eligibility is preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.