Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Medication Access Coordinator
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Medication Access Coordinator in our Retail Pharmacy department. This position is works in the ECCP location (East Campus Corporate Pavilion) for Nebraska Medicine. This office is in the Mutual of Omaha building at 33rd and Farnam Street in Omaha, NE.
The Medication Access Coordinator role is designed for an experienced Registered Pharmacy Technician with retail pharmacy insurance experience or a Medicaid/Medicare/Private Pay Insurance professional with at a minimum one year of pharmacy Technician experience. This is an ideal role for someone with a passion for pharmacy but also one with problem solving skill to advocate solutions for our Nebraska Medicine patients. One must be skilled not only in pharmacy medications / processes but also tech saavy to navigate between multiple computer screens and applications. This is a desk position but a high paced environment where documentation and follow-up skills are imperative.
(also known as: Pharmacy Advocate, Pharmacy Insurance Tech, Pharmacy Technician)
- Part Time (.70 FTE / 56 hours in a pay period) and part time benefit eligible.
- 8 hour days, Monday - Friday with start times between 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Determine, support, and assist patients, provider teams, and the pharmacy department to overcome barriers to medication access, with focused expertise in third party prior authorization and billing processes for pharmacy benefits. Assist patients within enrollment into grants, assistance programs, and communicate any financial responsibilities. Provide a Face-to Face beside oriented service that delivers comprehensive fiscal options to patients. Gather and effectively communicate medical and medication histories including diagnosis, test results, lab values, and previous medications to third party. Verify eligibility, pharmacy benefit provisions and support the appeals process.
- Minimum of three years healthcare and/or insurance/third party reimbursement experience to include one year of pharmacy technician experience required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with a variety of internal and external customers at all levels required.
- Ability to solve problems independently and must be strongly vested in team management required.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a dynamic environment required.
- Experience with various computer mainframe, network, web based and payer applications required.
- Must register with the State of NE as a pharmacy technician required.
- Must complete Pharmacy Technician Certification within one year required.
- Knowledge of commercial, Medicare B, Medicare D, and Medicaid pharmacy rules and regulations preferred.
- Associate's degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred. Prior Authorization experience in specialty or retail pharmacy preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.