Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Pharmacy Technician - Transitions of Care Sr Associate
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Pharmacy Technician - Transitions of Care Senior Associate in our Inpatient Pharmacy. This role will be great for someone that has a passion for Inpatient Pharmacy and great customer service for our patients we serve.
We seek experienced Pharmacy Technicians with a passion for Pharmacy and direct patient care. The Pharmacy at Nebraska Medicine plays an integral part of healing and serving our patients. We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extra Ordinary Care available in the region.
The primary work location for this position will be in Nebraska Medicine Emergency Room with our ER Pharmacists.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of three years of experience as an inpatient or outpatient pharmacy technician or other applicable health care setting. You must be already be certified as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Nebraska. This role will be perfect for someone that likes to be on their feet and active while providing direct face to face customer service to our patients and internal partners. The role will have two primary roles depending on the shift covered:
1) Performing intake medication histories for all patients admitted to the hospital
2) Comprehensive support for medication needs AND intake medication history review in the emergency department and critical care areas.
(also known as: Pharmacy Tech, Pharmacy Technician, CPhT)
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
- Full Time and benefits eligible (1.0 FTE / 80 hours per pay period)
- Current positions will available for Evenings OR Overnights
- 10 Hour shift working 7 days on 7 days off
- This specific opening is: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM hour
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Facilitate and coordinate patient care transitions at admission, transfer, and discharge from the facility. Utilize available electronic resources, patient interview, and phone follow up to ensure an accurate medication history is available for patients at admission or upon presentation to the emergency department. Work in coordination with and under the supervision of a registered pharmacist to ensure accurate medication reconciliation is performed per policy MM07. Review transfer orders and ensure necessary medications have been transferred with the patient. Collaborate with inpatient pharmacists, inpatient nursing, pharmacy financial counselors, and the meds to beds outpatient pharmacy staff to assist in ensuring patient discharge needs are met in a timely manner.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an inpatient or outpatient pharmacy or other applicable health care setting required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Effective communication skills, initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with the State of Nebraska Board of Pharmacy prior to start date required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification within twelve months of registration date required.
- Basic Life Support certification within 90 days of transfer or hire required.
- Thorough understanding of available electronic resources to obtain medication history information preferred.
- Thorough understanding of medical terminology preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of top 100 medications preferred.
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.