Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Cardio Sonography Technologist
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Cardio Sonography Technologist. This role will be great for someone that has a passion for cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound procedures and great customer service for our patients we serve. This specific position will working on complex Operating Room (O.R.) cases with high acuity in OR or Pre-Op setting. This role will interact with doctors and other professionals with both the UNMC and Nebraska Medicine organizations but is a Nebraska Medicine employee.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
- Full Time and benefits eligible (1.0 FTE / 40 hours per week)
- Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:00/4:30 PM
- No weekends, no on-call responsibilities
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Perform cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound procedures, depending on position, and acquire appropriate echocardiographic and/or vascular data to provide the highest quality of care for the organization's patients and medical staff. Provide education and training in ultrasound procedures for fellows, interns and other staff to serve the community and provide high quality educational experiences.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience from an accredited cardiac ultrasound program performing all types of cardiac ultrasound in a health care environment combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to accomplish tasks that require self-direction required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older preferred.
- Associate's degree from an accredited cardiac ultrasound program performing all types of cardiac ultrasound in a health care environment preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to think deductively and make clinical decisions accordingly preferred.
- Experience with typical office equipment (e.g., telephone, fax machine, copy machine, calculator) preferred.
- Experience with ultrasound equipment, transesophageal transducers, research computer systems, centricity hospital information system, and digital echo storage system preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge 1 of principles and function of the cardiovascular system and vascular circulatory system, including physics and blood flow hemodynamics preferred.
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) OR Registered Cardiac Ultrasonographer (RDCS) with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) OR registry eligible preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.