Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Laboratory Manager - Transfusion Services
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Transfusion Services Laboratory Manager. The Laboratory Manager at Nebraska Medicine plays an integral part of healing and serving our patients. This specific role will organize and direct the operational activities of the Transfusion Services Clinical Laboratory on the Nebraska Medicine main campus.
This role will have scope of responsibility over the Transfusion/Transplant/Blood Bank areas within Nebraska Medicine. We will only consider candidates with experience in managing academic blood bank, and a Specialist in Blood Banking Technology, SBB (ASCP) preferred.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in clinical laboratory with a passion for innovation through implementation of latest technology and creative workflow solutions, while maintaining highest quality and service levels. One with strong leadership with skillset to drive transformational change within the transfusion services team is highly preferred.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
- Full Time and benefits eligible (Salaried- Exempt role )
- Monday - Friday day shifts however weekends will also be required.
- On-Call Responsibility 24X7
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide the expertise to establish and maintain precise and accurate technical methodologies to ensure timely and cost effective collection, processing, testing, performance and storage of patient specimens in the assigned laboratory on a 24 hour basis. Provide adequate staffing and scheduling of competent employees to support the required testing and other functions as above. Establish and monitor the operating and capital additions budgets for assigned cost centers to ensure the cost-effective use of resources. Provide expertise in evolving regulatory environment and ensure the processes are in place to meet these requirements. Initiate and maintain effective communication to promote positive departmental, interdepartmental and customer service relations.
- Minimum of four years progressive relevant clinical laboratory experience required.
- Minimum of two years laboratory leadership experience required.
- Bachelor of Science degree OR alternate route of combined education and experience as recognized by the Board of Certification (BOC) at the time the applicant was certified (including grandfathered recognition as regulated by the BOC) required.
- Effective communication skills and leadership abilities required.
- Certification in a medical laboratory profession (Medical Laboratory Scientist, Molecular Biologist, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Histotechnologist, Cytotechnologist, Pathology Assistant) OR certification through the BOR recognized alternative routes required.
- Specialty certificate in relevant area and/or advanced education/Master's degree preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.