Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Psychiatric Social Worker
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a primary care Psychiatric Social Worker for a 3-year, grant-funded position. Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) behavioral health providers at Nebraska Medicine play an integral part of healing and serving our patients. PCMH behavioral health providers conduct brief, time-limited education and counseling for children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients in Primary Care clinics, in coordination with other primary care providers. We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region, following the Integrated Behavioral Health Consultant (IBHC) model.
This specific role will be serving the behavioral health needs of the primary care (PCMH) populations at the Nebraska Medicine main campus, in the Durham Outpatient Center's (DOC) primary care clinics. As a part of the grant-funded position, the PCMH Psychiatric Social Worker will conduct behavioral health assessments and interventions as a part of an interdisciplinary team and will assist with obtaining and tracking standardized outcome metrics pertaining to patient well-being.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters of Social Work Degree, a minimum of one year of post LMHP/LIMHP professional therapy/counseling and mental health care experience OR provisional license. See required licensure requirement below.
- Salaried/exempt position
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- No weekend or on-call responsibility.
Why Nebraska Medicine: Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Assesses patients' psycho-social needs, diagnoses mental health conditions, and provides evidenced-based psychotherapy in collaboration with other members of the patient's health care team to reduce symptomatic behavior and facilitate adjustment to illness.
- Minimum of one year of post-LMHP/LIMHP professional therapy/counseling and mental health care experience or a provisional license required.
- Master of social work degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited university required.
- Organizational and communication skills required.
- Experience with computers for access to patient information required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) using a combination of Certified Master of Social Work (CMSW) and Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) required.
- Or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) using a combination of Certified Master of Social Work (CMSW) and Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) required.
- Two years of professional therapy/counseling and mental health care experience preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) using a combination of Certified Master of Social Work (CMSW) and Licensed Independent Mental Health 1 Practitioner (LIMHP) preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.