Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Sterile Supply Associate
An essential healthcare role that is focused on handling sterile products while constructing surgical case carts
Nebraska Medicine is now taking application for a talented individual to join us as a Sterile Supply Associate.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in the list of American top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!
- Full-time 3rd shift - 10:30 pm - 7:00 am
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
An essential healthcare role that is focused on handling sterile products while constructing surgical case carts. Critical to the perioperative setting to ensure superior infection control methods are followed to enhance patient safety by handling surgical instruments, equipment and medical supplies with sterile techniques to ensure the integrity of the product is maintained. Assure supplies and instruments are stocked and pulled for cases in an efficient and accurate manner assuring all requested product is available to accommodate all cases. Have knowledge of several types of surgical instruments, sterilizers methods and decontamination equipment. Provide support to the Perioperative services staff and serves as a product specialist to surgical services for the organization.
* Minimum of 18 years of age required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Written and verbal communication skills required.
* Certified by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management (IAHSCMM) within 18 months of hire or transfer date or Completion for Surgical Technologist program preferred.
* Sterile processing experience or surgical technologist training preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Aptitude for electronics troubleshooting preferred.
* Basic computer skills preferred.
* Knowledge of approximately 3,000 surgical instruments and specialty surgical instrument sets preferred.
* Experience using Steam, Ethelene Oxide, and Hydrogen Peroxide Gas Plasma sterilization chambers and attained the knowledge of sterility indicators; Detailed knowledge of consumable single use medical products.
* PC, laser printer, bar code scanner, bar code printer; Washer/Decontamination Vessels; ability to navigate numerous electronic information systems preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.